Tuesday 15 August 2017

hospital gate syndrome

<Audio>

read my genome
do a CT scan
positron emission 
stress ECG

or an EEG
myography 

ultrasound
X-Ray chest
body scan
do every blood(y) test 
known to man

test my breathing
dab my stools
dip my pee
sample my drools

exhale
inhale
hold it

spit

strength
eyesight 
  oh I see
hearing
  what WHAT
is hammering 
stammering 
reflexivity 
conductivity

weigh me
mark my height 
BMI
photograph my gait
then MRI

open and close
a stitch in time
inject some dye
I'm turning morose
and don't give a dime
for my prognose
so
blood transfuse
don't refuse
a transplant or two
before you

anaesthetise me
for an ECT
or better still
some CBT
I seem to be
a b_bit shaky
tell me now
would you prefer
an endoscope up 
or 
an endoscope down
anal retentive 
then
let's really go to town

cough twice
bronchoscopy
auscultation 
cardiac surgery
a stent for lent
or a cardiac bypass
on the road to ruin 
of my family tree
genetic counselling 
xxx my arse
you'll never know me
cos you see

they're coming to take me away 
ha ha - ha ha
hee hee - hee hee

but you've lots of data
to remember me
when finally
I can
R I P

DNR
Asystole


No comments:

Post a Comment